A Lens with a View and Other Ramblings

Friday, February 24, 2006

Lions !!!



(click on any photo to see a larger version) I love Lions....I collect lions. When I found out I was going to travel to Africa on a safari, my goal was to capture images of lions. Well, the images I got surpassed what I even thought I will get. The first 2 shots I got after our driver noticed a cape buffalo carcass barely eaten. He knew that lions had to be in the area. We drove a few yards and under some brush were a small group of lions resting. We circled around the group and the shots I gotwere when they woke up. I could have opened the van door and pet them if I wanted to, that is how close we came. The last shot was a male and a female together after a round of "afternoon delight". During the mating time they mate several time during the week and don't eat during that time.
I have many other that I will post later....I still have many to go through, but I seem to be making progress.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home